The term Hippotherapy was born from combining the Greek words IPPO = horse and THERAPEIA = therapy, in other words therapy by means of a horse. It is defined as all the medical techniques that use the horse to improve the physical or mental health of a human being.
Over the years the horse was a work aid, a reliable partner in sports performances and behold, it is now the time when this noble animal exceeds its condition of just a friend, becoming an indispensable support in the therapy for people with disabilities. Along with such an ally any therapeutic process becomes a real pleasure!
No session remains unnoticed, no effort remains without reward. Each session is filled with smiles, curiosity, small achievements and many good feelings.
The therapeutic objectives are established depending on the patient and his condition:
- Improving muscle tone
- Correcting posture
- Improving balance
- Training coordination
- Developing manual dexterity and fine motility
- Increasing attention and memory
- Opening towards people and animals by enhancing communication
- Improving time and space organization
- Structuring thoughts and actions
- Increasing self-esteem
- Significantly improving the psychological tone